One would hardly think of a better alternative to WordPress a decade ago. Many great websites have been built using one of the most recognized CMS. It is free with hundreds and hundreds of mobile-ready themes letting everyone find a matching option.
However, the times have changed. New website building software like IM Creator is evolving. They offer a simpler way to handle your website building needs bringing everything you may need in the pack. You get a full-scale instrument to build a website of any type. We have reviewed some of the core features to conclude that IM Creator can be a better alternative to WordPress.
Ease of Use
IM Creator is a website building platform, which means it was designed for those who do not have technical skills. The WYSIWYG environment makes it easy to manage stripes (blocks) to create necessary sections of your future website. IM Creator boasts a simple editor making it pretty easy to manage content, add new files like images and videos thanks to its user-friendly visual editor. The core benefits include:
- Simple Editor – add or remove text blocks with just several clicks;
- WYSIWYG Feature – attach images and videos by simply adding them to a necessary area on the page;
- Advanced Settings – change fonts, backgrounds, text sizes. Experiment with typography using advanced settings;
- Step-by-Step Building Process – you actually need to sign in, choose a template or blank page and start editing.
IM Creator can be a good option for those who have dealt with website creation before. The entire process is wisely designed with each step logically connected. This fact makes the software a good alternative for beginners.
WordPress certainly lacks simplicity, especially for rookies. Although beginners may choose from thousands of templates both free and paid, they will find it hard even to get started. Not speaking of page customization and editing. However, WordPress offers extended editing opportunities for those who know at least HTML basics. Take a look at drawbacks that may face to a newbie when he or she starts using WordPress at a first time:
- Very simplified WYSIWYG Option – it an obvious miss for beginners. However, it does not mean you will not be able to change your template. You can edit theme appearance using basic editing options, choose background color, header options and more;
- Requires HTML-knowledge – WordPress templates are pretty basic. If you need a website to stand out, you might want to customize your pages. This is where you will need a piece of HTML knowledge. Those who have it will benefit from almost unlimited opportunities to change the website appearance;
- Tricky Set of Design Options – WordPress may boast even a wider selection of design options if compared with some website builders. The only downside is that they are hard to get up and run.
WordPress is obviously not for beginners. On the other hand, some basic HTML-knowledge will be enough to create a stunning website featuring a unique style. Prepare to spend days not hours before your website is ready for publishing.
IM Creator delivers a bunch of shining and good-looking platforms. Although the platform can hardly boast the same selection as WordPress, you can choose from various categories to build a website of any type. The main benefits include:
- Mobile Ready Templates – you can work with themes that will run smoothly on both desktop and mobile device. You do not need to tweak any settings. Your website will be displayed will on various gadgets despite the screen size or OS;
- Huge Collection of Themes – users can start with a blank page or choose a template from the list of categories. Thus IM Creator provides templates for digital stores, professional portfolios, modeling websites, blogs and corporate websites;
- Professional Look – all templates boast great design and look professional. You do not need to deal with extra design operations. Simply add content and publish a ready-to-use website.
The website builder brings professionally designed templates that can be additionally customized to create an exclusive look. A good news is that all templates are free. The price is already included in your plan.
WordPress boasts probably the widest selection of themes. Most of them are mobile-friendly though may still require some additional tweaking. Here is what you can get:
- Endless List of Templates – hundreds of categories deliver thousands of themes for e-commerce, blogs, sports and recreation, portfolio, business, etc.;
- Pay for Uniqueness – unlike IM Creator, WordPress offers free and paid templates. Free themes look actually the same with some slight design differences. If you crave for exclusiveness, you will need to pay for premium templates.
Apart from paid premium templates, complexity is another huge miss for the CMS. Thus you cannot just get yourself a template, add content and publish a website as if it was with IM Creator. You will need to deal with basic settings and extra features that are hard to implement for the beginner.
IM Creator comes as an ultimate all-in-one solution with a bunch of features for e-commerce, blogging and more. It provides free hosting already included in the plan. On the other hand, the list of widgets seems to be not as wide if compared with WordPress. Among numerous IM Creator features we should point to these:
- eCommerce – IM Creator is a good platform for building online stores. It offers a simple category and product editor. Add widgets for checkouts, manage currencies, track your sales and link various payment accounts;
- Widgets – the selection of widgets is not rather big. However, here you can get everything you need from, sliders, calendars, maps, social media buttons and more;
- Integration – IM Creator can use third-party services. They include analytic tools like Google Analytics as well as subscriber forms like MailChimp.
IM Creator has enough useful features to build a solid website with a high users’ engagement. Oh, and all widgets are free!
WordPress offers an extended collection of apps and widgets for different needs. From contact forms and anti-spam tools to SEO and analytics. However, you should be ready to pay every time you need some more advanced and complex widgets like e-commerce or SEO. Other WordPress features worth mentioning:
- Easy Integration – seamless third-party integration made WordPress one of the most popular CMS. You can add analytic tools, subscription forms, and other add-ons right into the dashboard;
- Full Control – you have control over all your plugins right from the dashboard. Users can enable or disable them whenever needed;
- Huge Selection of Plugins – thousands of plugins are available at the WordPress Widget Store. However, not all of them are free. Prepare to pay in case you need an advanced SEO plugin or analytic tool.
WordPress is not an all-in-one website building solution. You will literally have to build your website from scratch brick to brick. If you miss something, it can have a negative impact. Moreover, you will have to deal with the plugin update manually, which can be time-consuming.
IM Creator offers several ways to ask for assistance. Users can benefit from:
- Detailed FAQ and “How to” articles;
- Support tickets;
- Forum and a manual that you can download with right a clock away.
The platform takes pride in its huge collection of more than 120 articles that contain answers to any question.
WordPress is an open source platform. It means that you should never count on a direct support. The only way is to surf the net in search of the same problem. Other users are very likely to face the same problems. You can come across tons of forums and discussions related to WordPress. Once again, not the best news for beginners.
Website builders are shaping the web industry today. They come as an ultimate instrument with all necessary features in one place. Despite all WordPress benefits, IM Creator has proved to be a simpler option for people who need to build a website fast and without the slightest difficulties. Moreover, you get everything you need from a free domain name to free templates included in the plan. Choose a theme, edit it and publish a ready-to-use website.
From this point of view, WordPress looks like a challenge to rookies. It requires HTML knowledge as well as extra costs whenever you need a premium template or widget. Moreover, you will need to look for a hosting provider as well as register a domain name by yourself. IM Creator certainly looks like a better deal.